Over the years, and particularly at its inception, Communio editors and contributors have written to articulate their vision for the journal and its readership. This is a short bibliography of such articles (all published in Communio unless otherwise noted).
If we have missed an article that you think should be listed here (including articles from other publications), please contact us.
Hans Urs von Balthasar
- Communio: International Catholic Review, and The Mission of Communio. 19, no. 3 (1992): 507–09 (NC)
- Communio: A Program. 33, no. 1 (Spring 2006)
- "International Catholic Review 'Communio.'" Internationale katholische Zeitschrift: Communio [Published as International Catholic Review; Translated by W. J. O'Hara] 1, no. 1 (1972): 1–2.
Nicholas J. Healy
- Why Communio? 1, no. 1 (1972): [essay on inside cover].
John Paul II
- Address to the group representing the journal Communio
- Telegram for the funeral of Hans Urs von Balthasar
Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger - Benedict XVI
- Communio: A program
- Homily at the funeral liturgy for Hans Urs von Balthasar
- On the Centenary of Hans Urs von Balthasar's Birth (Address to the Lateran University in Rome, 2005).
- The Promotion of Communio in Britain. 18, no. 1 (1991): 134–135 (NC).
John R. Sheets, S.J.
- Communio and Controversy. 1, no. 1 (1974): 3–19. Excerpt.
- Tenth Anniversary of Communio. 9, no. 1 (1982): 79–80 (NC).
- A Reflection on the Ideals of Communio. 16, no. 4 (1989): 495–98.
The following articles are about the theological concept, 'communio':
- Kasper, Walter. Church as "Communio." 13, no. 2 (1986): 100–17.
- Melina, Livio. Moral Conscience and "Communio": Toward a Response to the Challenge of Ethical Pluralism. 20, no. 4 (1993): 673–86.
- Ratzinger, Cardinal Joseph. The Holy Spirit as Communio: Concerning the Relationship of Pneumatology and Spirituality in Augustine. 25, no. 2 (1998): 324–39 (RT).
- Sicari, Antonio Maria. "Communio" in Henri de Lubac. 19, no. 3 (1992): 450–64.